Today is the day I have been waiting for ALL week.....the inspection results are in! We went back and forth trying to decide if we needed an inspection in the first place, and today I got confirmation that it was money well spent (only $357). Although the results were mostly positive (the report was over 40 pages!), there are a few things the inspector suggested we have fixed prior to closing:
(1) Splash blocks need repair to route water away from foundation.
(2) Deck needs to be tightened in several places and the railing attached to the house better secured.
(3) Get verification the truss system in the attic is appropriate for the house.
(4) Screws missing on panel for HVAC unit.
(5) Air conditioning units need to be leveled properly.
(6) Deadbolts to rear exterior doors need adjusting.
(7) Need overflow pan installed under washing machine (Ryan Homes threw in the front loading washer and dryer as part of our "deal" so we may have to purchase this ourselves).
(8) Determine source of standing water on the sump pump.
With the exception of the water in the basement and AC issues, all of these items seem relatively innocuous but require immediate attention. There were other minor/cosmetic items, but I will save those for the 30 day check up. Since we are only 12 days from closing I am interested to see how Ryan Homes responds.
Wish me luck :)