I took a little hiatus from blogging due to travel, work and life in general. But I have been inspired by all of the messages and visitors I've received asking questions about our home. Since my last post our community has taken off and RH only has a few more lots to sell. Also, the James Joyce has become very popular in the Charlotte area and folks have come by to see our unique selections.
Because I have been busy, not a whole lot has been going on at the house. Here is my list of all the projects I would like to accomplish in the New Year:
(1) Organize, organize, organize!
- Install organizers for the muchkin and my closets (will check out the Elfa sale at the Container Store this week).
- Create extra storage space in the pantry and laundry rooms.
- Utilize over the door space to hang things like brooms and floor cleaners.
- Do SOMETHING about the garage.
- Add lighting to the study. I was too cheap to pay $125 for the extra light fixture. BIG MISTAKE. It's now going to cost me 3 times that amount to have the electrician come back and install one :(
- I found a kit to convert the recessed light over the master bath tub into a pendant light. Stay tuned.
- Swap out the remaining ugly builder grade fixtures in the hallways and staircases.
- See if we can get a ceiling fan installed for the front porch.
(4) Tackle the monster deck. Last summer we purchased a grill and temporary patio furniture so that we could at least sit outside. But I have big plans for the space:
- Stain and de-rust (if that's even a word) our current patio furniture.
- Add container gardens and decorations to make it more of an outdoor living/dining room.
- Add sectional seating to the bottom deck.
- Possibly add a shade or two to protect from the intense sun.
Hope the New Year is treating you and your family well:)